Friday, May 16, 2008

My Favorite Tricks in a Bag

I was working as a magician one summer, and asked myself; "If I had to put together a small container of magic props, what would they be?
The idea came to me after playing with a cassette tape container.

I thought about what I could put in a cassette tape container and be able to do a mini magic show. Anytime, anyplace.
Here is what I came up with:

1. A Deck of Cards
2. 3 and-a-half of clubs
3. Thumbtip
4. Silk
5. Scotch and soda
6. A quarter
7. Beeswax
8. Flash paper
9. $1.00 bill
10. Business cards
11. 3 color monte

There you have it. Of course the deck of cards will not fit in the holder, but they could be rubber banded together (which then gives you rubber bands for another trick too!

I wanted to assemble and package this idea for others to buy, but you have to buy like, 3,000 thumbtips to get a good price!

Heck, use a 8mm video cassette holder and see what you can do.

I was going to call it something like "Magician in a Box" or "Instant Magician" or even "Magicians Emergency Kit" in case theirs got stolen (I actually saw that at Mickey Hades in Seattle) - something like that. It would also be a great kit to give to my students who come to my Magic Lessons.

No comments: